[TYPO3-templavoila] not mapped fields get not shown in page module

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Tue Jun 5 13:38:24 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Stephan Petzl wrote:
>> why should it be not possible to get unmapped fields shown?
>> it can be very usefull IMO.
>
> How it can be useful?
>
> Editors should not insert fields to content areas that will not show any
> content. This is the idea.

maybe i m wrong, but:
for example:
i want to have a content area where i want to have 2 columns (2x content
-fields)
so i could make a html-template with this 2 columns and map each field
to the columns. so far the conventional way.
but what if i have a slightly different layout with just 1 column?
then i have to use another html template(bad for layout-edits)
or FCEs which is more work for the editor cause he/she has to insert a 2
column FCE on each page.

my approach would be to assign each content-field to markers in a
TEMPLATE-object (subtemplate- 2columns) and map this object to the
content area in my HTML. this way i just have 1 general HTML-template
and 1 HTML-subtemplate.

hard to explain- do you know what i mean?

BR Stef