[TYPO3-templavoila] Templavoila revisited

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:56:21 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry and TV users,

it's nearly a year ago that I last tried templavoila. After that tests I
changed back to traditional templates. The main reasons were:

 * Somehow TV conflicted with traditional pages in the same installation.
 * The TV page module was less intuitive for me than the traditional,
   especially when comming to multilanguage editing.
 * There was to much of klicking to connect the template with the content.
 * I lost this this work for unknown reasons and needed to
   restart the whole connecting procedure several times.

However, many people like to work with TV and there must be good reasons for
that. I wonder if TV is ripe enough today, that it can convice developers
like me, that are used to the advantages and setup speed of traditional
templates.

I guess that a lot of improvements have been done during the last monthes.
Do you see improvements that important, that I should give TV a next try?

Kind regards

Elmar