[TYPO3-templavoila] Bug in page module with field of <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>

Mathias Behrle expi311203 at gmx.de
Fri Feb 16 13:58:31 CET 2007

* Dmitry Dulepov am Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:38:08 +0200:

Ok, I will try to be a little bit clearer:

>> Now I am observing, that in the page module it is no more possible to
>> see the field priority
>
> Never heard about such thing as "field priority"...

You perhaps forgot to read:
>> I am currently implementing merrychristmas.typo3.org, always using
>> latest svn as well for typo3 as for TV.

It's a an element in a FCE, which is mapped to a table cell
(<td> INNER) and is of type TypoScriptObject.
Content of this element are letters H,M,L to indicate different
priorities for the table rows. They are mapped via TypoScript to a
graphical display. This is working.

>>, when *editing* or *inserting* a new element. But it
>> is displayed in old records in the summary of the page module
>
> Where is it?

I think, it will be best, if you look at some screenshots:

http://behrle.dyndns.org/download/to_mapping.png
shows mapping of whole FCE

http://behrle.dyndns.org/download/page_module.png
shows page module with content inserted into such FCE
Notice, that there are entries for field_priority.
If you look at (Wunschzettel), the first two items were filled
"regularly", when I still was able to input in this field. The third
item got its value, when I switched field type <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>
to <eType>input</eType> , because then it was displayed regularly. After
switching back to <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType> the element disappears
again on the edit page.
This is finally shown on
http://behrle.dyndns.org/download/edit_content.png
You see, that all fields are shown, but not Priority.

To see, if there was something srewed up with the FCE itself, I added a
second new DS and TO containing this field with type TypoScriptObject.
It behaves just like the first FCE, so I am assuming it to be rather a bug in
TV.

>> and rendered
>> in the FE as well. As soon as I change the type of the field to
>> <eType>input</eType>, it shows up.
>>
>> Anyone else observed this behaviour with field of type
>> <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>?
>
> Actually I could not understand the problem at all...

Hopefully better now, thanks for looking into it.

Mathias