[TYPO3-templavoila] problems with charset since 1.2.1

Xavier Castaño García xcastanho at igalia.com
Thu Feb 1 10:05:12 CET 2007

Hi!,

I have read this mailing list archive searching for problems with
charset and I've seen that there has been a problem with labels from
locallang.xml (mail on 27 Jan 2007 sent by Dmitry).

I have a similar problem to the one described on that mail, but I don't
know if it is the same nor it is solved.

We have been translating backend to a new language (Galician) set with
ISO-8859-15 encoding, however, our backend is set with "utf-8". So,
locallang.xml labels are stored with utf-8 charset.

We had installed TV 1.1.1 and pages (for example, page edit form) were
correctly shown, but now we've installed TV 1.2.1 and labels are shown
with wrong chars (for example, written accent vowels).

I've tested to change Galician from ISO-8859-15 to UTF-8 and labels are
correctly shown with TV 1.2.1 too. But, in my honest opinion, showed
labels shouldn't depend on language origin encoding instead of xml
encoding.

What do you think about this? Is this problem related with Dmitry
described? If it isn't, do you think it should be solved?

Regards,
--
Xavier Castaño García
mailto:xcastanho at igalia.com