[TYPO3-templavoila] Problems with Special Chars in TemplaVoila!

Styrmir Magnússon styrmirm at hive.is
Sun Dec 23 20:24:28 CET 2007

Hello

I am having problems with special chars in Title of Data Elements, chars
like å ä ð and even more.

I am using forceCharset="utf-8" in the localconf.php (install tool)

If I then make a new Data Element and have the title with some of this
special chars they will appear normally while I am inside the
TemplaVoila module. I then go to the List or Page module and there the
special chars in the Title of the Content have changed to something else.

If I remove the line with forceCharset from localconf.php and try again
to set a title for Data Element and use the same names as I used before
then it appears correctly both in TemplaVoila, Page and List. But then
all the content and name of pages in page tree I have written using
forceCharset="utf-8" are wrong with no special chars.

This is after what I can see a bug.

All my typo3 database is utf8_unicode_ci

If I want to make a utf-8 webpage is it not recommended that you use
forceCharset="utf-8"?

Best Regards
Styrmir Magnússon