[TYPO3-templavoila] no content after update to 4.1.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Aug 20 10:55:07 CEST 2007

Hi!

Philipp Holdener wrote:
> I was using iso-8xxxx .."forceCharset" was nothing programmed in the
> installtool... now, I'm on the way to change the database from iso to utf-8
>
> This are my steps:
> 1. forceCharset --> utf-8
> 2. had a look on a new FCE with ä,ö,ü¨--> no problems! Content is shown
> in the BE and FE
> 3. but now, problems with all other content in the Database.. so I have
> to convert it now!

No, you can stay with iso if you wish. What you need to do is to grab
your DS XML, put it to some editor that supports utf-8 (such as jEdit)
and save it as iso-xxx charset. This will convert DS code to that
encoding. Do not forget to change "encoding" attrbiute in xml prologue
(this is "<?xml ....?>" thing) to iso encoding. Put it back to DS record
and save. Now all should be fine. Try it and see if it works.

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs