[TYPO3-templavoila] Question regarding BE TV configuration and localization

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Aug 8 10:13:36 CEST 2007

Hi!

Simon Tuck wrote:
> As far as I can tell the setting langChildren has no effect when
> langDisable is active.

Yes. At least it must not have effect.

> defLangBinding is unclear to me - perhaps it's only relevent for the non-TV BE layout(?)

Yes.

> My query is with regard to the BE localization layout in TV.
> Specifically I have the options 'Show page language version:' and
> 'Display mode:' in the sideBar, but these options don't actually do
> anything. For example I have a page with 3 content elements: 1 default
> language element, 1 alternate language element and 1 element set to
> 'all'. Regardless of the settings in 'Show page language version:' and
> 'Display mode:' I always see the same 3 content elements. Shouldn't I be
> able to control which elements are shown or am I misinterpreting the
> localization options in the sidebar?

You need to read "Frontend localization guide" document. This topic is
very big and copying half of the document here is not the most effective
way to display. Sorry for not giving more helpful answer :(

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs