[TYPO3-templavoila] Question regarding BE TV configuration and localization

Simon Tuck nospam at rtpartner.ch
Wed Aug 8 09:58:22 CEST 2007

Hi,
I have the following settings for my localization:

Templavoila:
<langDisable>1</langDisable>
<langChildren>0</langChildren>

Typoscript:
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback
config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated

TSconfig:
mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1.translationParadigm = free
mod.web_layout.defLangBinding = 1

As far as I can tell the setting langChildren has no effect when
langDisable is active. defLangBinding is unclear to me - perhaps it's
only relevent for the non-TV BE layout(?)

My query is with regard to the BE localization layout in TV.
Specifically I have the options 'Show page language version:' and
'Display mode:' in the sideBar, but these options don't actually do
anything. For example I have a page with 3 content elements: 1 default
language element, 1 alternate language element and 1 element set to
'all'. Regardless of the settings in 'Show page language version:' and
'Display mode:' I always see the same 3 content elements. Shouldn't I be
able to control which elements are shown or am I misinterpreting the
localization options in the sidebar?

Cheers,
Simon