[TYPO3-templavoila] Site template with many Page templates

koen_gate74 koen at gate74.com
Tue Apr 10 23:55:27 CEST 2007

We are afraid it's a silly question, but we are stuck on it the last
days. We know workarounds, but something tells us there must be a
better, cleaner way.

Our problem is, that we'ld like to create a site template with an header
(with logo and menu level 1), a footer and an area where we can include
the different page (sub)templates.

This could be for example a subtemplate with 3 columns, where the left
one is a menu level 2, the middle a free content area (flexible content)
and the right for news and promotions. Or another subtemplate with 2
columns or one with 1 area etc. (See attchment for visualisation of the
problem)

It would be even more perfect if the 'end user' doesn't see the site
template, but only chooses between the page (sub)templates.
(Has this something to do with the default template?)

The way we interprete TV from the tutorials, is that you reapat the
header and footer part on each site template. But if there are 10 page
templates and you have to change the header, you have to do this on the
10 page templates, and with the system of the site tempalte with
different subtemplates, you only have to do this on one place.

We suspect that we see it probably not the right way, but maybe a little
hint can point us to the right direction on the global view of TV on this.

Thanks in advance!

Koen & Kris