[TYPO3-templavoila] Insert CO as page content

Ron Hall ron at busynoggin.com
Sun Sep 17 16:22:35 CEST 2006

This is my opinion if I understand you correctly.

Use one of the methods Dmitry suggested if you want the COA to appear every
time you use that template. You do not have to have a separate DS for this,
but you would need separate templates (mapped when you want it and not
mapped when you do not).

Using an FCE works fine if you need to use it just once in a while and on
different templates. But the downside is that the user must place it each
time it is needed.

One other, more complex method, that can be used is to setup two TV fields.
One being a TS object path and the other being a selector field for turning
the COA on and off. Setup the COA as Dmitry suggested and put in stdWrap
"if"  statements to check the value of the selector field and render the COA
or not depending on the value. Basically you are allowing the user to
override the default behavior by using the selector field.

An example of this is at:
http://www.irvingbible.org/index.php?id=75

The Quick Links at the lower right are normally on by default but can be
turned off by the user on a page by page basis.

Just some thoughts,
Ron Hall

On 9/17/06 5:01 AM, in article
mailman.1.1158487244.32071.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de,