[TYPO3-templavoila] RFC: access TV field-values in TS without stdWrap

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Sep 14 09:16:55 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Klaus wrote:
> You want to set a TS-value in the <typoScript>-Section based on a FCE
> wich a user has inserted into the FCE via Backend Form. (i.e.
> color-properties for an
> GifBuilder Object)
>
> Normally you can use:
>    "parameter.field = <some_fce_field_value>" inside <typoscript/> Tag
>
> !!!BUT: This works only if parameter has stdWrap Properties... wich is not
> the case
> for a lot of parameters. !!! So what to do now?. It's not possible out of
> the box.
>

> So my solution solves this problem this way:
>
> Why not use the well known, already existing TV Constant Substitution,
> wich would work for all kinds of TS-Parameters:
>
>    "parameter = {$<some_fce_field_value>}"

I thought about it but I still do not think we should do anything that
is non-standard TS. If it is not possible with regular TS, it should not
be possible in TV. Otherwise we will add more and more things to TV's
version of TS and it will become a totally different thing.

Usually there is a way to overcome such limitations by using a different
content object. For example, see thread "Adding page content
dynamically" here:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-September/thread.html#29963
It does the thing that is not trivial. Similar things can be used to
overcome any other limitations.

http://typo3bloke.net/