[TYPO3-templavoila] Different image for alternate language

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Sep 11 18:24:10 CEST 2006

Hi!

Søren Schaffstein wrote:
> In the DS
> <langDisable>1</langDisable>
> is set because the translated version of the site must exactly match the
> default language.

This is not necessary. If you enable content fallback, you will see
content in the default language if it is not translated.

> Can I now specify a setting in the DS to allow another image in the
> english version? (English version doesn't show the image field)

You can do either of these:
- Make another template for english version of the page. Put your image
there
- Set image as background in css file and connect this dynamically
depending on current language

http://typo3bloke.net/