[TYPO3-templavoila] Selecting a image as reference from DAM or File in TV ?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Sep 1 08:50:28 CEST 2006

Tom Walter wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>>> But since I use copies at the moment anyway I am wondering how I could
>>> get just the name of an FCE-image-Element in Typoscript (and than wrap it
>>> with the rest of my code) ?
>
>> This way you get background image for DIV with your selected image. Is
>> this what you are trying to do?
>
> yes that's it. I played a bit around and came to the following DS.xml (see
> below this text). There is a nice feature that I can set one Element not to
> be wrapped and another Element not to be seen in the BE. I am not sure if I
> did it too complicated (just let me know), but it works somehow.

Firsts, you do not need 10, 20, 30. Just 10 would be enough. You could
define it like this:

10 = TEXT
10.value (
	left:0px; width:965px; height:600px;
	background: url(/uploads/tx_templavoila/{field:field_image_url})
	z-index:20;"></div>
)
10.insertData = 1

Notice round brackets: they let value to split for many lines. Very
helpful :)

> But as a German perfectionist I still got two questions:
> 1.) Am I right, that I could change the upload-folder for this DS from
> uploads/tx_templavoila/ to something like uploads/background_images - or is
> there any problem in setting a special directory for that ?

No problem. Just make sure it exists.

> 2.) Still on the issue of reference vs. copy of an image.
> In my case I will get maybe around 10 images used on 100plus pages. So at
> the end I get all kinds of copies of the same image in my folder.
> Is there a way in Typo3 to avoid that the counter is added to the filename ?
> I thought I read once about it, but I am not even sure if it was about
> Typo3 or another CMS I am using a lot ...

No :( Currently it is always a copy with number I think.

> Thanks, Dmitry for your faithfull work with templavoila and in this
> newsgroup !!!

It's a pleasure to me :)

> I am learning in order to help you soon (in answering questions here and
> maybe providing patches in the future ...)

Great :)

http://typo3bloke.net/