[TYPO3-templavoila] tv and caching

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Tue Oct 17 09:53:43 CEST 2006

Hi there !

I wonder how tv handles the caching of pages/content elements...

situation: this morning my provider disabled my webspace because
the database contained 1.7gb of cache data... the reason is, that
on many pages there is a cal plugin with a huge load of links to
events and other days... so the cache table gets filled very quickly.

is that a general typo3 problem or can this be solved within tv ?
And no, i dont want to disable caching for all pages with a cal plugin.

The other thing: the cal plugin is very expensive when generating a new
view. currently the cal has its own instance on every page it is on.
Is tv able to use the cached output of the cal plugin from the main instance
on all pages, if i use links within tv ?

--
MfG, Christian Welzel

   GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
   Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15