[TYPO3-templavoila] Russian / UTF-8

Matthias Nott mnott at mnsoft.org
Tue Nov 14 11:59:48 CET 2006

Hi all,

I just read

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4085

Now I can copy/paste russian content in title and also in content
elements. They are represented in UTF-8. I had a /very/ hard time
converting my existing content to UTF-8, and had to fix many things
manually. I added to my template:

[language=ru]
   config.sys_language_uid = 12
   config.language = ru
   config.locale_all = ru_RU
[END]

[globalVar = GP:L=12]
   config.sys_language_uid = 12
   config.language = ru
   config.locale_all = ru_RU
[END]

Now since that has been done, I have created e.g. russian as new page
language, have created a new translation to russian for the given page,
and have put some content in. I can see the russian title and the
content on the frontend:

http://www.micro-plus.org/10.0.html?&L=12

and in the backend. The only awkward thing that I see is that in
Templavoila, where you see the content element inserted into a content
area some "<?>" signs show up, but when I actually edit the content, I
can modify the content with no problem.

So, did I miss anything from the discussion? Everything seems to work.