[TYPO3-templavoila] a bit theory about TV, please

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed May 24 09:40:04 CEST 2006

Hi!

Aleksandar Milovac wrote:
> In TS when I wanted to reference certain object on a page, e.g. <div
> id="leftmenu">, I would use this: page.10.leftmenu.1=HMENU and so on. In
> TV this would look like this: lib.leftmenu.1=HMENU. Right?
> I'm not sure when to use lib and when page.10 way. Could someone explain
> this to me?

Well, you need to go througFTB tutorial. It explains it all very well.
In short: forget about "page.everything", define menus and other objects
using "lib.something" and say to TV that you want "lib.whatever" to be
mapped to that particular DIV.

> Also, could someone explain mapping type and editing type options in DS.
> When to use TypoScript Object Path for a certain field and other options?

It is all in FTB. There is no reason to quote it here.

> I hope I'm not bugging you with these questions but I really need to
> clear this matters before I dive deeper in to TV.

No problem, but all answers to all these questions are in FTB.

Dmitry.