[TYPO3-templavoila] a bit theory about TV, please

Aleksandar Milovac aleksandar.milovac at rns-nis.co.yu
Wed May 24 08:10:09 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

I just started  to use TV to learn T3 and eventually use it to build
some sites. Prior to that I was reading Tsref and Typoscript by example
manuals. There are few things on my mind which are bugging me.

In TS when I wanted to reference certain object on a page, e.g. <div
id="leftmenu">, I would use this: page.10.leftmenu.1=HMENU and so on. In
TV this would look like this: lib.leftmenu.1=HMENU. Right?
I'm not sure when to use lib and when page.10 way. Could someone explain
this to me?

Also, could someone explain mapping type and editing type options in DS.
When to use TypoScript Object Path for a certain field and other options?

I hope I'm not bugging you with these questions but I really need to
clear this matters before I dive deeper in to TV.

Thanks in advance,
Aleksandar