[TYPO3-templavoila] Rendering problem with nested container - they don't show up

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Sat May 6 17:46:19 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I have a rendering problem when using nested container FCEs and a typoScriptObjPath as rendering instance. Nested container FCEs are not rendered inside themselfs but normal CE's get rendered and I don't know why.

I have this DS (this is a reduced version without selector-boxes):
----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<T3DataStructure>
      <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
      <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>
    <ROOT type="array">
        <tx_templavoila type="array">
            <title>ROOT</title>
            <description>Select the HTML element...</description>
        </tx_templavoila>
        <type>array</type>
        <el type="array">
            <field_leftcol type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                    <title>Spalte 1</title>
                    <sample_data type="array">
                        <numIndex index="0">test</numIndex>
                    </sample_data>
                    <eType>ce</eType>
                    <tags>div,td:inner</tags>
                    <TypoScript>
	10= RECORDS
	10.source.current=1
	10.tables = tt_content
                    </TypoScript>
                    <oldStyleColumnNumber type="integer">0</oldStyleColumnNumber>
                </tx_templavoila>
                <TCEforms type="array">
                    <config type="array">
                        <type>group</type>
                        <internal_type>db</internal_type>
                        <allowed>tt_content</allowed>
                        <size>5</size>
                        <maxitems>200</maxitems>
                        <minitems>0</minitems>
                        <multiple>1</multiple>
                        <show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
                    </config>
                    <label>Spalte 1</label>
                </TCEforms>
            </field_leftcol>

            <field_rightcol type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                    <title>Spalte 2</title>
                    <sample_data type="array">
                        <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
                    </sample_data>
                    <eType>ce</eType>
                    <tags>div,td:inner</tags>
                    <TypoScript>
	10= RECORDS
	10.source.current=1
	10.tables = tt_content
                    </TypoScript>
                    <oldStyleColumnNumber type="integer">2</oldStyleColumnNumber>
                </tx_templavoila>
                <TCEforms type="array">
                    <config type="array">
                        <type>group</type>
                        <internal_type>db</internal_type>
                        <allowed>tt_content</allowed>
                        <size>5</size>
                        <maxitems>200</maxitems>
                        <minitems>0</minitems>
                        <multiple>1</multiple>
                        <show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
                    </config>
                    <label>Spalte 2</label>
                </TCEforms>
            </field_rightcol>
        </el>
    </ROOT>
</T3DataStructure>
----------------------------

and override the rendering-settings inside the "local processing" like this:
----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<T3DataStructure>
    <ROOT type="array">
        <el type="array">
            <field_leftcol type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                     <eType_EXTRA type="array">
                         <objPath>lib.2col.left</objPath>
                      </eType_EXTRA>
                      <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.2col.left</TypoScriptObjPath>
                </tx_templavoila>
            </field_leftcol>
            <field_rightcol type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                     <eType_EXTRA type="array">
                         <objPath>lib.2col.right</objPath>
                      </eType_EXTRA>
                      <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.2col.right</TypoScriptObjPath>
                </tx_templavoila>
            </field_rightcol>
        </el>
    </ROOT>
</T3DataStructure>

So now the TS-objects "lib.2col.left" and "lib.2col.right" are rendering the containing FCEs. Everything is fine as long as I insert regular CEs. When inserting another container FCE inside one of the columns, the nested 2-column FCE doesn't get rendered anymore. When I remove the "local processing" so that the default TS from the DS is used, the FCE shows up (but still no referenced container FCEs).

And to confuse even more:
When playing around with nesting I inserted a reference of a 2-column FCE inside another 2-column FCE on the same page and then both instances of the referenced FCE didn't show up in FE anymore.

I'm using Typo3 4.0 and TV 1.0.1. Any idea? Have I missed a setup for the container DS?
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch