[TYPO3-templavoila] problems with nesting and erasing of DS-fields

Christian Vetter Christian.Vetter at dragoner-design.de
Fri Mar 31 17:34:35 CEST 2006

Hi folks,
On Tuesday I installed Typo3 4.0rc2 with TV 0.5.0 for a new project. There
I want a portion, the header, of the page to be shown if, and only if,
there's content in it. I also want to nest that: a portion of that header,
a text container, is also to be shown if, and only if, it has content
while the rest is mandatory when the header is shown. I have achieved that
so far that on a new page that header is not shown. If I edit the page
properties, however, the header and the text container are shown - no
matter if I have or have not edited it. The only way I found to get rid of
the header again - apart from manually editing the database entries - is
to check the checkbox next to the little trash can icon. Unfortunately
when I do so everything on the same level is deleted - including, in the
case of the whole header, the references to my main content. A workaround
would be to nest the whole thing even more - but checking those trash can
boxes everytime is not really comfortable, is it ?
Is that a bug or have I done something wrong ?

Best regards,
Christian