[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Mar 29 18:43:01 CEST 2006

Hi Kasper,
>> But now I have a question. What is the suggested way to localize a  page
>> if the desired foreign language needs for some reason a completely
>> different page-structure? Should in this case a pageTS with
>> <langDisable>0</langDisable> be provided?
>

> Yes, plus "<langChildren> = 1" if you use "Bound" paradigm (which I
> suppose you are referring to here).

Yes, I refered to "bound" (K) paradigm. So when I in general use bound
paradigm, but have a page that needs a completely different content
structure I should provide a selectable DS with "free" paradigm for this
special cases. OK - I'm fine with that :) Just wanted to be shure.
(sorry for mixing up DS and TS all the time)

>> Or should a dummy-page be
>> used? But a dummy-page will also appear in the menu of the default
>> language - if it is not excluded via conditions and TS - which is not
>> acceptable.

> Dummy-page is too much for that I suppose. But could be a solution.  In
> such a case you can use the checkbox for the page saying "Hide  default
> translation" to make it appear only for that specific language.

Aaaah, now it works (RC2). I tryed that before, but somehow the page was
still available in the menu (RC1 or a CVS snapshot). Probably the cache
tried to confuse me :)

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch