[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 29 17:16:50 CEST 2006

> But now I have a question. What is the suggested way to localize a
> page
> if the desired foreign language needs for some reason a completely
> different page-structure? Should in this case a pageTS with
> <langDisable>0</langDisable> be provided?

Yes, plus "<langChildren> = 1" if you use "Bound" paradigm (which I
suppose you are referring to here).

> Or should a dummy-page be
> used? But a dummy-page will also appear in the menu of the default
> language - if it is not excluded via conditions and TS - which is not
> acceptable.

Dummy-page is too much for that I suppose. But could be a solution.
In such a case you can use the checkbox for the page saying "Hide
default translation" to make it appear only for that specific language.

- kasper

> --
> Kind regards,
> Franz Koch
> templavoila

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"