[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila 1.0 - feature freeze

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 28 11:13:38 CEST 2006

Hi Franz,

Franz Koch wrote:

> Yes, I mean hiding/unhiding the 'alternative page language' from within
> the TV page module.

ah, now it's clear.

> I'm using the 'k' paradigm which is described in Kaspers new
> documentation. But I think it is not related to that.

Yes, that's not relevant. BTW, we call it now
"translationParadigm=free" (aka 'r' paradigm) and
"translationParadigm=bound" (aka 'k' paradigm)

> Alternativly the visible fields can in anyway be defined over the BEuser
> configuration (excludefields) - so that the limitation over the tceForms
> variable 'localizationMode' (which currently limits the visible fields)
> might not be necessary at all?

> I hope I could explain it a little bit more clearly :)

yes. In fact I wasn't aware that you don't get the full Alternative Page
Language record anymore.

My vote: Display the 'hide' field by default and make the remaining fields
configurable via TSconfig (something like
mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1.editAlternativePageLanguage.fieldNames = hidden,
title, author, description,...
     }
}

Anyway, as I tend to be strict about feature freezes and you posted your
message 6 1/2 hours after my post ;-) I ask you to prepare a feature
request for TV 1.1 and post it to the bug tracker ... Okay?

Thanks,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development