[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Mar 23 13:56:05 CET 2006

Hi marc,

I understand

For master editors this is too hard to fix quickly since there must
be some way to tell which language you edit in the TCeforms first. We
don't have that.

But, for translators - be users which you configure with access to
ONLY one language - you already have it; Flexforms display only form
fields for the content for their language, nothing else.

- kasper

On Mar 22, 2006, at 12:56 , Marc Ehret wrote:

> Good morning..
>
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> I think it should be simply set to "ALL" by default. What do you,
>> people, think about it?
>
> Basically, I wanted to point to another "problem":
>
> For usability reasons, there should be the possibility to choose the
> langugage you want to edit. Imagine the site is configured for 3
> languages and your FCE has 2 RTE fields. 3 x 2 = 6 instances of the
> RTE
> (not to mention a lot of other fields).
>
> I think it's more userfriendly to restrict editing to only one
> (selectable by the editor) language.
> And a selectable second language/ all other languages should just be
> _displayed_ beneath.
>
> Just my 2 kopeeks.(?)
>
> marc.
> templavoila

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"