[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Marc Ehret me at kenx.de
Wed Mar 22 01:32:43 CET 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Thanks Marc ;-)
>
> Did you set "All" language for the FCEs? By default they should inherit
> values from default language if you don't enter a translation in the
> flexform. But you must use "All" language for the element so it shows
> for all languages.

Yes....uhm...after reading Bernhards post. The field was disabled in
PageTS (like many other fields), now it works.

But even when setting the FCE to some specific language, all field are
showing up. It would be better if only the fields of the selected
language are visible (or am I wrong again .. ?).

Since the language selector for the FCEs is now becoming very important,
is it possible to "move it out of the palette"? Maybe with some
automatic reload to make sure that only the fields of the selected
language are shown?

> I plan to make one or more podcasts about localization to give some live
> proof how it works.

TYPO3 goes Hollywood.

Thanks a lot,
marc.