[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Mar 21 22:16:24 CET 2006

Thanks Marc ;-)

Did you set "All" language for the FCEs? By default they should
inherit values from default language if you don't enter a translation
in the flexform. But you must use "All" language for the element so
it shows for all languages.

I plan to make one or more podcasts about localization to give some
live proof how it works.

- kasper

On Mar 21, 2006, at 14:39 , Marc Ehret wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After reading the document (twice) I thought by myself:
> "This is so diabolically clever that Kasper must have been sitting
> in a
> fake island volcano, stroking a large white cat and laughing
> fiendishly
> when he thought of it."
>
> So I've tested some configurations and it seems to work. Unfortunately
> not with flexible content elements. Only the default language is
> displayed in the frontend.
>
> With standard elements everything is fine.
>

> page: mode "Disabled"
> fce: mode "Inheritance"
>
> config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback
> config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated
>
> is set.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> marc (weeping...)
> templavoila

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"