[TYPO3-templavoila] Continue f. t.team.core: Templavoila localization

Kasper Skaarhoej kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Mar 17 10:59:39 CET 2006

Hello Bernhard,

Does anyone have a newsgroup reader for that Mac is free and doesn't suck?

> I await your mails Kasper .. I think I will not start to dig around in the
> code until you give
> an ok that it has stabilized to some kind (it not makes fun to manually apply

> patches because
> automatically fails) and we have agreed what shall be made.

It's stable now.
I await (over the weekend?) a patch from you. I expect that your patch is
mainly affecting mod1/index.php and for each functionality you implement you
make it switched on by some $this->localizationParadigm == "R" flag (then we
make it switchable via Page TSconfig which is the right way for that)

> My proposoal is to make a mixture between the two versions version-k and -r
>
> I think the switch for this should be langDisabel 0/1 ... where 1=kaspers
> version and
> 0 = robert's version (i think robert has meant langDisable=1 only when no
> translation
> shall happen)

No!  See above, use $this->localizationParadigm == "R"

Localization mode has _nothing_ to do with the top level elements localiation
mode.

In R-mode: You never use langDisable=1 of course
In K-mode: You can use both! (although langDisable = 1is recommended unless
special needs!)

> ------------------------------
> When langDisable=1

After here I assume the switch is $this->localizationParadigm == "R"...

 then there will be still language select boxes in the T3
> page module and when
> a user select a specific language he get's only shown the language he
> selected (for multi language
> editors) (pherhaps we should give a simply possiblity to hide the
> language-selector and set the
> language shown to a default via Page-TS config) - this would given one then
> still the ablity to
> direct some master-editor to the default page and force him to view all
> languages.

No!
See the "translatorMode" implementation andn how it works in the localization
guide: The idea is that if a user does NOT have access toe the default
language in his rights he will automatically see a scaled down translator
oriented backend.

> When a CE gets translated this gets only done via tce_main and no TV
> interaction is needed.
> The TV page module will be modified to display the elements from lDEF|vDEF
> all the time but only
> the elements having its translationOriginl set to those elements (I hope you
> understand) ...

Actually, Bernhard; I would rather like that you describe how the Page module
should work when $this->localizationParadigm == "R". Considering that my way
of doing it will be the new recommendation and default the
$this->localizationParadigm == "R" mode must be the exception and you should
describe how the backend reacts differently under this mode instead. Could
you do that? And only stick to the important parts, not additional common
features like TS config options for translators etc.

> I try do visualize it:
>
> lDEF | field_content | vDEF => '123(EN),334(EN),456(DK),559(EN)',
> it also also exists:
> 446(DK): translOrig = 123
> 833(DK): translOrig = 559
>

> In the page module you will see for EN:
> ===============
>> 123         |
>> » DK: 446 |
> ===============
>> 334         |
> ===============
>> 559         |
>> » DK: 833 |
> ===============
>
> » are the translations
>
> In the page module you will see for DK:
> =================
>> 446           |
> =======================
>> Translate 334 to DK |
> =======================
>> 456           |
> =================
>> 833           |
> =================

Good idea and bad idea.

I see your point; that you wish to create a better _visual_ display for a
translator by removing the danish element when English (default ) is
selected.

Me, as an administrator, is not interested in this; I want to see all
elements on the page to get an overview of exceptions. I shouldn't have to
flip through all languages to do that!

But I understand your objective; to make it simpler and more easy to
overview.

For now; Lets work on the main problem; How to support both localization
paradigms we have seen (so also both you and me can understand each others
basic ideas). After that we will improve usability with such ideas.

> ------------------------------
>
> When langDisable=0 it will get rendered like it currently get's done ...
> nothing get's changed here. only
> my proposed changes to let the localization get handled by tce_main and the
> insertion into the correct
> lXX vXX field by TV.
>
> ------------------------------

Let me tell you how I understood the patch you are going to make:

When $this->localizationParadigm == "R", the TV Page module acts differently
in these ways:
- The Localization tab is empty if the Page DS localization mode is
"Disabled" (currently it is shown)
- The link "Create a copy for translation (Language)" will link to Roberts
TV-API which will a) make a localization copy and b) reference it in the
<vLANGUAGE> or <lLANGUAGE> container (in the right order) (currently it makes
a link to  TCEmain) [All you need to do for this is to use the two
commented-out lines in mod1/index.php where this link is made!]
- You had an interesting idea to show localized container fields of an FCE,
could also be shown if you think needed.

- kasper