[TYPO3-templavoila] Bugs and usability?

Tomas Broeker broekth at web.de
Wed Mar 8 23:52:34 CET 2006

Hi,

I found some parts of TV I would entitle es bugs. I don't know if they
are already known:

1. Update Mapping
1a. BUG: I have an existing DS/TO. When I click on "Modify DS/TO",
change something there, click on "Save as" and save it under the same
name, TV "forgets" the selected header parts.
When I return to the selected header parts, they are still marked but I
have to click "Set" and "Save" to make them work again.

1b. USABILITY: When I click on "Modify DS/TO" and make changes there
should also be a button "Save" (additional to "Save as").
It's an annoying step that you always have to select the name of the
template and then click "Update TO (and DS)" on the following page.

1c. USABIITY: When I am on the "Modify DS/TO"-Page there is a button
missing to get back to the previous page (Template Object Details), e.g.
to change something of the HTML header parts, too.

2. BUG: When I edited an existing DS/TO and then go to the Filelist to
click on an HTML-Template and select TemplaVoila (e.g. to build a new
DataStructure), I don't get an empty DataStructure. Instead I get the DS
I made the last changes on.
It doesn't matter if I click on "file2.html"->TemplaVoila while I had
changed a DS/TO based on "file1.html". Then the structure based on
"file1" opens (Sometimes with the warning signs you get when the
html-file was updated. But when you check this DS/TO on the regular way:
Sideboard:Web->TemplaVoila... everything is ok).

I think that's all for tonight ;).

Thomas