[TYPO3-templavoila] TV fields not showing up

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Mar 6 07:31:53 CET 2006

Hi!

wes currier wrote:
> Well one thing would be:
> One cannot place a Container Element [CO] within another Container
> Element [CO].

Why? You can. You cannot have anything inside non-CO fields but you can
nest CO fields.

> This is very helpful. More of thois type information would help those
> new to TV.

Hm-m-m... May be I should put it to wiki.

> My understanding is that one can place a content element on a specific
> page and call that element on multiple pages or on all pages. The
> ability of having it this way is that an editor can then edit the
> content element without having to alter the template or TS and have that
> content propigate through the site. This will reside on a page named
> "boilerplate" that is accessed from a front end login.

You can but you will need TS object on other pages for this.

> Therefore, should a company need to change or add a telephone number, an
> editor with only FE access may make the alteration on the boilerplate
> page and all areas are updated.

Yes, this is possible. Though I prefer to keep seldom changing
information in template. But your choice is also fine.

> Sub = Sub content. Where the news, calendar, advertisements, google ads
> would go typically.

So, this is TS object as well.

>>> extra 1        [el]
>>> extra 2        [el]
>>> valid          [el]
>>
>> What are these?
>
> These were extra div's in my template that could be removed

So you do not need fields for them and do not need to map them :)

Dmitry.