[TYPO3-templavoila] Sections, Containers or just Content elements?

Antonio Willybiro [awillys] keiser_soze at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 18 12:08:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

The sample of my website structure is the following:

what should i use in TV to have that structure properly shown?

i know that by just having a Container (CO) then all the other DIV as simple
content element it will work fine. But that lead me to a Page (view) with
tones of elements in the same line.

i was wondering if there is a better way to stucture it.

i tried
CO [root - mapped to <body>]
    CO [header of the website - mapped to <div class="rcalive-header">]
        Content element [ logo - mapped to <div class="rcalive-logo"></div>]
        Content element [search box - mapped to <div
class="rcalive-searchbox"></div>]
        Content element [loginbox - mapped to <div
class="rcalive-loginbox"></div>]

and i stopped there because only that was not working already.

Then i tried to change the first CO [root] to a Section --> but that did not
work either.

Then i created a simple page template:
CO [root - mapped to <body>]
    CO [main content - mapped to <div class="rcalive-pagecontainer">]
and a FCE like:
CO [header of the website - mapped to <div class="rcalive-header">]
        Content element [ logo - mapped to <div class="rcalive-logo"></div>]
        Content element [search box - mapped to <div
class="rcalive-searchbox"></div>]
        Content element [loginbox - mapped to <div
class="rcalive-loginbox"></div>]

it partially works, the problem i have is that it does not seem to care
about my CSS and just place each content 1 below the other.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
Antonio