[TYPO3-templavoila] Using conditional comments in TV

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Jun 6 15:08:18 CEST 2006

Hi!

Jan Wulff wrote:
> If you're ignoring IE5 and don't use floats (guillotine bug, double
> float-margin bug, escaping floats bug, ...) it is possible to do modern
> layouts without hacks, but even then you have to live with line-height and
> list bugs. Of course you don't have to use conditional comments, but aren't
> they a lot better than the usual hacks?

I ignore ie5 but use floats all the time. There are several solutions to
common problems, they are well known and do not require hacjs or
conditional comments.

> I wish it would be dead, but the statistics of most of my sites (and for
> example of w3schools.com) are listing the IE5 (and 5.5) around 5%. A lot
> customers are not willing to lose 5% of their users, when even modern
> layouts can be adapted to the IE5 with some hacks or better, conditional
> comments.

Well, why not to use tables then? Much simpler and easier. It does not
look logical for me to use hack only for making CSS-based design.

> I would be fully satisfied to do it with TS, but as I wrote before, the TV
> output is always the last one in the html head. If I could set the
> conditional comments via TS after the TV output, everything would be fine.
> Is there a way I have overlooked? Thanks.

No... Unfortunately :(

Dmitry.