[TYPO3-templavoila] configuring extensions - content element vslib.myObject

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 14 14:36:24 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry

> I mean how extensions of this kind usually work: one instance is
>installed on one page and it does everything.

Yes, that's right ... but I want to create a very navigation of all the
articles in a particular wiki, and the only way that is documented to do
this is by using {{INDEXLIST}} {{INDEXLIST}} in a wiki source code ... and
becs I want this navigation to show at every display of a wiki page, I was
trying a second instance that was set to return only the article index.

However, when I have two wiki pages on any one html page, it wont work and I
get errors, so that doesn't work.

>It will crate instances on all pages where this DS is used.

DS= Data set?

>If you use
>this way, you need to know where your wikies get their records. Usually
>there is such thing as a starting point in the extension configuration.

Yes, that's right .. and the starting point is the page the wiki is inserted
into, by default.

So, anyway, seeing as it doesn't work having a second wiki page showing, I
am now trying another way.

I wondered if I might be able to use RECORDS to get a listing - I got this
far...

lib.myObject = RECORDS
lib.myObject.source.field = records
lib.myObject.tables = tx_drwiki_pages

but now I don't know what to do. I want to be able to display the list of
wiki pages as links to that content ...

>Btw, I think it really will be easier with timtaw. At least, it is
>developed by people who are somewhere close.

Not sure what you mean by "people who are somewhere close" ... I am in
Australia and Sebastian is in Germany :) (as is Denis for that matter - the
dr wiki author) ... and, timtaw doesn't have nearly the amount of
documentation that dr wiki has, and works on an unfamiliar principle,
whereas dr wiki works on the mediawiki foundation, so at least I am familiar
with that concept.

Neither authors have been able to help me do what I want, nor understand why
the wiki isn't working with TV, so in fact I have no idea which is easier. I
have tried both, but in the end I just decided that I was going to have to
nut out all the answers with just the email list for guidance, as neither
Sebastian nor Denis are familiar with Templavoila, and neither have the time
at the moment to help with the difficulties I am having.

And I basically asked myself "which one looks like it is closest to what I
want" .. and the answer was dr wiki. So that's why I keep trying.

Cate