[TYPO3-templavoila] configuring extensions - content element vslib.myObject

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Jul 14 14:03:38 CEST 2006

Hi!

Cate & Peter wrote:
>> Logically it should be one wiki extension instance
>> displaying different records depending on a record id.
>
> Do you mean, this is what I should do, or this is what using a lib.MyObject
> *will* do?

No, I mean how extensions of this kind usually work: one instance is
installed on one page and it does everything.

> Becs I actually want several wikis, originating on several pages... The way
> I *think* using the lib.myObject will work is that it will just call the
> extension ... but it will create a separate instance from other html pages.
> Does that sound right?

It will crate instances on all pages where this DS is used. If you use
this way, you need to know where your wikies get their records. Usually
there is such thing as a starting point in the extension configuration.
  But it all comes to manual again. If there is no information there,
you are out of luck.

Btw, I think it really will be easier with timtaw. At least, it is
developed by people who are somewhere close.

Dmitry.