[TYPO3-templavoila] Sharing a DS Among Templates with One and Two Columns

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 17 11:17:43 CET 2006

Hey Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Robert Lemke wrote:
>> It's not possible yet but there's a feature request already posted at
>> bugs.typo3.org. If you're lucky, I manage to implement that for TYPO3 4.0
>> - or you someone sends me a patch ;-)
>
> Hm-m-m... Data entring (and display in page module) is based on DS, not
> TO, right? To implement single-column editing in a two-column DS, page
> module should take TO's local processing into account. Local processing
> can change field type from "ce" to "none" and cause page module to
> display one column. Probably other ways are possible as well.

Well yes, but ... The easiest way is to check if the TO has a certain field
of the DS mapped or not and then display the field accordingly. However,
this is not completely trivial, because currently the Page Module's view
doesn't care about the TO at all.

> Just thinking... :)

Oh Dmitry, if you say "just thinking" you already have a half-finished patch
in your mind ... ;-)

robert
--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development