[TYPO3-templavoila] Flexible Content Elements teasers

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 13 08:40:24 CET 2006

On 12.01.2006 11:38, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> There is no easy way but it is possible to do with FCEs and TypoScript.
> It requires custom rendering types and a bit of special TS, so I
> consider it advanced.
>
> For example, I am currently making one site that must diplay "product"
> differently depending on the page where it is displayed. For example,
> there is a "short" and "full" view, list of products, comparison and
> random display. They all show the same data differently. Though it is
> tricky to develop, it is very easy to use: enter data once for the
> product and all other FCEs already know about it and start using it
> automatically.
>
> This is really amazing how much you can do with TV and TS. It took me
> two whole days near the PC but I was very excited about result.

Sounds very cool! Is there a way of combining the MTB with FCE? So that
I can create my template completely with a "TEMPLATE" records, but use
FCE in the content area? Because we already have a very good workflow in
creating TYPO3-sites with normal HTML-templates with marks, subpart and
TypoScript, there's no reason to move to a TemplaVoila approach. But the
possibilities of FCE seems interesting.

> I plan to publish an explanation of such technique in February if I have
> time.

Please do, we'll appreciate it! :)

Cheers,
Ernesto