[TYPO3-templavoila] Flexible Content Elements teasers

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Jan 12 11:38:00 CET 2006

Hi!

John Angel wrote:
> Can you please suggest the best path for implementation of teasers from FCE
> (excerpts + thumbnails)? Is there some official way of doing that?
>
> For text w/images there was solution:
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/gst_topcontent/
> but unfortunately it is not being developed any longer.

There is no easy way but it is possible to do with FCEs and TypoScript.
It requires custom rendering types and a bit of special TS, so I
consider it advanced.

For example, I am currently making one site that must diplay "product"
differently depending on the page where it is displayed. For example,
there is a "short" and "full" view, list of products, comparison and
random display. They all show the same data differently. Though it is
tricky to develop, it is very easy to use: enter data once for the
product and all other FCEs already know about it and start using it
automatically.

This is really amazing how much you can do with TV and TS. It took me
two whole days near the PC but I was very excited about result.

I plan to publish an explanation of such technique in February if I have
time.

Btw, Robert, we need something like "TemplaVoila cookbook" with various
recipes on advanced TemplaVoila techniques. What do you think about it?

Dmitry.