[TYPO3-templavoila] Flexible Content Elements indexing &searching

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sun Jan 8 15:59:41 CET 2006

Hi John,

John Angel wrote:

>>> What about advanced search and limiting search to certain fields?
>> limiting serach to certain fields is not possible (yet).
>
> So it will be possible in couple of months?

Maybe, but to be honest, I don't have plans for it yet. Basically there
would be three ways of implementing such a feature:

  1) By searching the database with regular expressions which searches
      within the XML content
  2) By searching the database with certain DB-specific XML functions -
      but only few databases support this
  3) Build an index table (= redundant data) which is used for searching

None of the solutions seam is very appealing to me ...

> Since I am new with TYPO3, it seems like a good idea to start using the
> newest features, like TemplaVoila and Flexible Content Elements.
>
> I was wondering do you suggest using FCE instead of Text w/image element
> right away?

I would. Originally I planned to deliver TemplaVoila with some premade FCEs
which reflext the traditional elements like Text w/image etc. But I had to
postpone that due to lack of time. Anyway, that would be a cool feature
someone else than me could prepare!

> We are actually talking about future path in developing TYPO3. Since we
> can easily simulate Text w/image using FCE, is it planned to do so in
> future versions?

Yes, I would love to.

> And here is the feature request :) To separate multilanguage translations
> of FCE into several tabs - it is very distracting to have all language
> versions on the same page. Page loading time is very long when having
> several instances of RTE on the same page, also.

Where exactly? Could you post a link to a screenshot?

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development