[TYPO3-templavoila] Defining a second content element section

Martin-Pierre Frenette typo3 at frenette.qc.ca
Thu Feb 16 03:31:21 CET 2006

I feel weird, because I can't figure out how to make a second content
element section to work with Templavoila, despite having done dozens of
websites with it.

I have done several times in the past define additional content sections
for, for example, adding a plugin on all pages ( generally mininews), or a
special menu. When it is the case, I define the new Data Element of type
"Element", which I set to Editing type "Typoscript Object path", and I
define the path.

It works wonderfully, but for the first time, I have to define 2 content
sections, with flexible content on each ( kind of like adding the right
column )

I did the same as for the Typoscript Object Path, but instead, I selected
"Content Elements" for the editing type. I use the SAME type of entry as the
Main Content Area section.

I cleared all cache, and on the Templavoila page editor, instead of only
having my "Main content Area" section, I also have my new element. I created
the content, but it doesn't show up on the page !

To make sure my mapping was right, I switched the element back to Typoscript
Object Path, and I was able to access it in my template's setup section.

Is there anything missing ? Do I need to map the second section in my
template ? Is it simply not support in my Templavoila section ?

Do I need to adjust my content elements to fit in the new section ?

I am using Typo3 3.8.0, with Templavoila 0.4.0.

( PS : This is my second posting tonight, I think the first one didn't go
thru. If it did, my apologies ).