[TYPO3-templavoila] Usability problem selecting templates

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Thu Dec 7 13:45:03 CET 2006

Hey Tapio,

actually, you're right on that! I find it very inconvenient to select
the different DS / TOs. Apart from that it is very hard to explain to
the editors the difference between a DS and a TO (on a simple page, they
are called almost the same and there is only one DS).

If we could do some more AJAX action in there, it would help a lot -
instead right now, you're asked to reload the whole page.
Another problem is that if you don't select a DS (or it's called
"Template Structure"), the field for the TO ("Template Design") is not
shown, then after the reload the new field is shown. First I felt
like... "Mmmh, this is still the Subpages stuff" but then I figured that
there is something added.

If we could recode the whole selection it would help a lot, IMHO we
should especially distinguish it better from the "Subpages" selection.

...just my 2 cents...

--
greetings,
benni.