[TYPO3-templavoila] Reusing data from parent pages in TV templates.

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Dec 5 10:56:43 CET 2006

Hi!

shikeb wrote:
> I am working on a template where we have a login form and a search form
> which appear on all the pages. Using TemplaVoila I mapped the action
> attributes of both the forms to a linkfield so that the search pages and
> login pages can be defined for these forms while creating the pages. Now
> my problem is that since the value of these two action attributes will
> be the same throughout the site I have to define these values for every
> page that I create, is it somehow possible for me to define the links
> only once while creating the root-page and then have the sub-pages
> inherit these values so that whenever new sub-pages are created these
> values are automatically copied from the parent. Is this possible
> through typoscript?

Correct way:
- define both fields as TypoScript object path
- define constants in constant editor
- make a simple TS object that uses constant to generate page path. For
example:

lib.action1 = TEXT
lib.action1.typolink {
	parameter = {$action1_page_uid}
	returnLast = url
}

I did not check syntax of the above code but it should not have major
errors :)

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs