[TYPO3-templavoila] RFC: Flexpointer handling in Typo3 Core classes (@Dmitry)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sun Dec 3 08:41:35 CET 2006

Martin Klaus kirjoitti:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Some time ago, i've written the experimental Extension
> (mk_tvfrontend) to enable working FE-Editing with Templavoila.
> (wich works also with nested Flexforms and referenced CE's)
> see: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3191

that is nice extension. I implemented that into tm_contentaccess
except XCLASS in /pi1-folder. Stephen Galinsky said that it caused
problems. He wondered the meaning of the pi1-file.

> The main Problem why TV-FEediting doesn't work that well,
> is that the TS frontend rendering knows nothing about the
> Flexform Pointer (=Positon) of the record it renders.
>
> (TS frontend rendering knows only the id and page of the record
> it renders, wich helps nothing in context of TV)
>
> So what would be a solution for this problem..

Concerning 'Create new element' wizard the only reasonable solution i
to start from /mod1/index.php and modify that file to work as wizard.
In fact I have done that for a customer.

Concerning TemplaVoila content element wizard must know first the
*place* and then what type. Place can be set only using /mod1/index.php.

> That's basically what i've done in my extension, and that's the reason why
> so much
> x-classing is needed at the moment.

and will be needed because it share common files with classic page
module, which takes account properly only classic page module.

There's a lot of need for this feature,
> and i got
> much feedback from TV-users. I think this feature should not be enabled
> by extension (x-classing) but should be added to TV

class.tslib_content.php would be reasonable to rewrite but
class.t3lib... not - core of Typo3 should take properly account both
classic page module and TemplaVoila.

There are issues, which can be solved in the templavoila plugin alone.