[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila v/s Traditional Templating (Template AutoParser, TypoScript etc.)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sat Dec 2 22:12:11 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov kirjoitti:
> Hi!
>
> shikeb wrote:
>> Thanks, Dmitry and Gideon, for your kind words. I wanted to know
>> whether   flexible content elements can be emulated the traditional
>> way. What I mean is that flexible content defines a template for
>> individual elements quite easily which we can later on plug into our
>> page templates anywhere where we are allowed to insert content, just
>> like regular content elements. If I were using markers and all would
>> that be possible? I am just a bit naive in visualizing this so I
>> thought to ask the noble guys of the lists. I have read the mtb's (a
>> long time back) and the ftb documents but I'll re-read them following
>> Dimitry's advice.
>
> I do not think you can emulate sections (repeatable) using MTB. But you
> can emulate simple FCE with [a lot of] TS code and manual selection of
> elements, which is very inconvinient.

Might be - even if kb_nescefe is easy to use. The problem of 'Flexible
content' is that at the site of end users it is too nerd!
  Data Structure:  - that is too technical (nerd) term for simple editors.

for kb_nescefe can set names, which are easy to understand by simple end
users.
TemplaVoila has also some other nerd features and other features, which
are not good or are even confusing at the sight of end users.
Because of unsatisfactory solved end user issues, I don't use
TemplaVoila in my projects.
I have tried to make is better for a customer for simple end users.