[TYPO3-templavoila] tv data structure error after server replacement

David Smeringe david at smeringe.se
Sat Dec 2 20:57:23 CET 2006

Hi all,

I helped a client to upgrade their server to a new machine and software.
There where a bunch of Typo3 based sites amongst others. Most of them
where transfered without problems, but three sites failed. Two of them
are using TV and displays:

ERROR: No Data Structure Record could be found with UID "xx"

TV in BE also has problems finding DS with a set uid when clicking on remap.

What could be causing this message? I've googled a lot on this error
message. One list suggested to reinstall all extensions, while
anotherone merely had problems with an odd character (subj. "data
structure ERROR" in this list). I tried reinstalling the extensions with
little success and odd characters seems unlikly as the sites been up for
a while. It feels like there should be a more correct way of fighting
this problem than reinstalling each and every extension (and maybe
entire t3) on each installation I think.

Any suggestions or hints? Ways of debugging the installations? It would
be intreresting to know what errors that could trigger this message to
appear.

They are installed (and where so before as well) on an Windows IIS
machine with php 5.1.6 and MySQL 5 (version 4 compat mode). The sites
failing are all running Typo3 4.0.1.

Best Regards,
David Smeringe