[TYPO3-templavoila] problems with utf-8

Valery Romanchev info at typo3lab.ru
Sun Aug 27 21:10:43 CEST 2006

Hi Erik

> I tried the patch for Norwegian, it works on my installation, making æ,
> ø, å work (which is exactly the same problem), as long as I use
> Norwegian as language in backend. If I change to English (default), the
> error is as it was before, giving some strange characters for æ, ø, å.

I have the same with russian. So this is deep problem of how TYPO3 core
works with charsets.
We discuss this in russian community: the best way is to use ONLY utf-8
in BackEnd (for all language related things) and in database. And make
FrontEnd  output in any encoding.

But for this a lot of things must be re-do

Regards,
Valery Romanchev
http://www.typo3lab.com