[TYPO3-templavoila] text on screen, but not in html code - only with tv

Christopher manager at no5pambedlamno5pamhotel.com
Fri Aug 4 05:38:28 CEST 2006

Hi again,

Cate & Peter wrote:
> Hi Christopher
>

>>Yes: get rid of the comments. This is a well-known bug in Internet
>>Explorer--but who can keep track of them /all/? :-)
>

> Thank you for that! Here I am doing the "right" thing, and helping myself by
> commenting html (mostly becs I am using full css for the first time, and
> this way I can make sure all the div tags are closed, etc :) ) and IE has to
> hate it ... typical.

This is a funny bug; it's supposed to happen (mostly) when comments
occur together and occur between floated boxes. However, I haven't seen
this bug on any of my sites for quite a long time, and I /do/ comment
the source extensively. This leads me to think that there is probably a
simple (minded?) way around it that I've adopted withot realizing it.

Looking at the source of a few of my pages, I come up with this
suggestion: try /surrounding/ the various containers with comments--that
way, the comments can never occur one after another with no other markup
between them. My commenting style looks something like this:

<!-- [foo: BEGIN] -->
  	<!-- [bar: BEGIN] -->
	<!-- [bar: END] -->
<!-- [foo: END] -->

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that the layout I usually
use--I use a modified version of a single layout for most new pages--is
not susceptible to this bug in the first place and that that's why I
rarely see it.

-Christopher