[TYPO3-templavoila] Dropping the 'General Record Storage Page' requirement for TV?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Apr 19 08:21:44 CEST 2006

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> Ok, the clearCache command is not a big point, but still a nice feature
> that can be applied if f.e. news-records are stored in a seprate
> storageFolder and that folder automatically clears the cache for the
> branch of the website where the news are shown (probably in a 'latest
> news' section on every page in a branch).

You can achieve this with TSConfig. IT can clear cache for any other
page automatically when your clear cache for current page. I use it for
news: editor writes news and clear cache for page where news are stored.
Typo3 clear other necessary pages for me automatically.

> Fetching the storage PID might be a single call in the core - but I
> suppose this single call will also perform a full rootline-scan for a
> storage folder.

It does but it caches result. this call happens several times in the core.

Dmitry.