[TYPO3-templavoila] templates and subtemplates question

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Sun Apr 9 19:50:39 CEST 2006

Hi!

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:
> I don't know if I dont understand or I've missed somthing but I am not sure
> how subtemplates works.

Typically subtemplates only define how (1) print version or (2) version
in another language will look like.

> What I want to achieve is simple map  menu and content in main templates and
> then inside "content" to choose different subtemplates of content fg with
> one column two or other layout.

FTB includes such case. You can do it in one of two ways:
- create two DS/TO for page with one or two columns.
- create DS/TO with a single column and FCE with two columns and content
element fields in each column

> Looking into doc I found that I can create varoious kind of FCE and use it
> inside my "content" but I cant inherit this layout so I need to add FCE to
> all my subpages.

So use one- or two-column page templates.

Dmitry.