[TYPO3-templavoila] templates and subtemplates question

Bartosz Aninowski bart at sonik.pl
Sun Apr 9 15:01:37 CEST 2006

Hi
I don't know if I dont understand or I've missed somthing but I am not sure
how subtemplates works.
What I want to achieve is simple map  menu and content in main templates and
then inside "content" to choose different subtemplates of content fg with
one column two or other layout.
Some kind of MTB bevaviour.
Looking into doc I found that I can create varoious kind of FCE and use it
inside my "content" but I cant inherit this layout so I need to add FCE to
all my subpages.
So the only solution is to add new template with the same DS and then add
new fileds [fg filed_firstcolumn, field_secondcolumnl] and leave not mapped
others not used in this templates, right?
I hope I am clear enough.