[TYPO3-templavoila] Mapping rules in matters of class or id

Wed Apr 5 20:37:54 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Frederic Gaus wrote:
>> it would be very nice to set mapping rules related to a specific class
>> or uid. Is this possible? Will it be possible?
>
> Mapping rules are defined in DS. CSS classes and IDs appear in template
> files, thus they are bound to TO. DS should know nothing about TO
> (reverse is wrong). So logically this functionality should be in TO. May
> be, in Local processing. But I doubt it is needed at all.

>From my point of view, mapping-rules are also related to the
template-object. Defining a stricter rule by id or by class would be
very comfortable for working in teams and a nice addition to
mapping-instructions.

>> If it is not yet possible, why not?
>
> I think noone needed it and we all have limited time. There were/are
> more important things. For example, I think default content for [empty]
> sections is much more important feature for practical usage.

Hm, maybe. For me, it would be important. Anyone else? Then I could
implement a patch which is useful for others, too.

>> What do you think of this idea?
>
> Never needed it. Do not like it.

Well, it would only add functionallity. Anyone has to use it.

I have something in mind like:

div.class:inner
and div#id:inner

Greetings

Freddy

--
Frederic Gaus                                 pgp-key: 93E6903C
fingerprint: 0C55 4517 CC1E 5F7F 9059  3535 AB54 D8E8 93E6 903C