[TYPO3-templavoila] Mapping rules in matters of class or id

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Apr 4 13:55:26 CEST 2006

Hi!

Frederic Gaus wrote:
> it would be very nice to set mapping rules related to a specific class
> or uid. Is this possible? Will it be possible?

Mapping rules are defined in DS. CSS classes and IDs appear in template
files, thus they are bound to TO. DS should know nothing about TO
(reverse is wrong). So logically this functionality should be in TO. May
be, in Local processing. But I doubt it is needed at all.

> If it is not yet possible, why not?

I think noone needed it and we all have limited time. There were/are
more important things. For example, I think default content for [empty]
sections is much more important feature for practical usage.

> What do you think of this idea?

Never needed it. Do not like it.

Dmitry.