[TYPO3-templavoila] Deleting FCE: are images deleted as well?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Dec 21 09:28:57 CET 2005

Hi!

I have FCEs that contain images. Typo3 makes a copy of original image
each time when I (and you) add image to content element. There is no way
to _reference_ existing image.

What I am worrying about is:
- it unecessarily takes extra space in case of multilanguage (identical
copies of images for all languages - tree lanuages results in three
identical copies of existing image)
- clean up of these images if FCE is deleted

I asked about the first problem in "dev" list. What I want to ask here,
is about the second problem. I can be wrong but I could not find code
that removes unused images when FCE is removed. Are those images remain
in uploads/templavoila for now? If they remain, I suppose we need to fix
this.

Robert, could you comment on this, please?

Dmitry.